QR code technology in Switzerland
A unique but simple and secure technology based on QR code generating and subsequent reading. It allows you to make and accept payments and transfers, to issue and pay invoices, to exchange necessary information in seconds and to implement new engaging marketing mechanics. Integrate it into your mobile wallet and receive an advantage of all benefits included.
Allowances of using QR code
Scan a QR code in a store and pay for goods and services
Scan a QR code from your friend’s smartphone and send money transfer instantly
Scan a QR code from your customer’s smartphone and instantly bill them directly from the screen
Submit your e-ticket QR code for scanning and enjoy your ride
● Website login
Scan the QR code to enter an online store and instantly log in to your account
● Self-service in the sales area
o Scan product bar-codes using your mobile wallet while in the supermarket’s sales area and add items directly into the shopping cart on the screen of your smartphone.
● Participation in promotions
Scan the QR code from TV screen during the commercial and take part in the promotion
● Exchanging information
Share information with your customers or merchants by scanning QR codes
Types of QR codes
By possibility of re-use
Can be scanned unlimited times
Can only be scanned once
Unlimited in time
Can be scanned at any time after generating
Limited in time
Can be scanned only within a certain time after generating or within a particular time interval
Contains information about a specific purchase (number of items and amount of purchase already specified)
Open account without specifying the amount
Contains information about the product or service (the amount of purchase is specified additionally)
Open account without specifying the subject of purchase
Contains information about the merchant (the subject of purchase is formed by the customer independently or transmitted to the customer’s screen by the merchant)
Benefits of QR code technology
Any transaction completed within few seconds (select, scan, and confirm)
QR code is just an information exchange tool. Any data transfer is encrypted and protected properly
No infrastructure required, only a smartphone of any model with a camera and a QR code in electronic or printed form
Obliterate probability of an error, QR contains a unique set of information
Investigate all of the features of this technology, it can bring your business even more benefits
Simple QR creation
M-Wallet platform by Wallet Factory will allow you to generate any QR codes to suit your business needs
Industry specific QR code payments use cases
1 Street vendor (one seller, minimal range of goods)
For every product, the vendor prints a separate QR code with the product description and its price. To purchase the product, you have to scan the QR code and confirm the payment
2 Micro-business (one vendor, small range of goods)
In their mobile app (QR POS), the merchant creates an invoice for a specific amount and displays the generated QR code on the smartphone screen. The customer scans the merchant’s QR code from their screen with mobile wallet and confirms the payment
3 Small and medium business (one or more vendors, the wide range of goods)
For every vendor, the merchant prints a separate QR code indicating the cash register location and details. To make a payment, the customer scans the vendor’s QR code, the vendor sends a receipt from their cash register to the screen of the customer’s smartphone, and the customer confirms the payment
The QR code is printed on the check, provided to the client. The client scans the QR code from the check and confirms the payment
5 Supermarkets and groceries
The client shows the cashier their mobile wallet QR code from the smartphone screen (this is the unique static code of each wallet). The cashier scans the QR code with an external scanner and sends a check to the screen of the customer’s smartphone, and the customer confirms the payment More details here
6 Petrol station
A separate QR code is printed out for each pump of each fuel station. The customer comes to a particular pump, asks for filling up of defined product and scans the QR code without leaving the car. On the wallet screen, the customer enters the exact volume (or purchase amount, or “full tank”) and confirms the payment. More details here
QR code payment: technology description
A QR code is a type of bar code that can be recognized by any camera. It was invented in Japan at the end of the last century and quickly gained popularity in Europe, Asia, and North America. One of the main QR codes advantages is that using them is very convenient; the person can quickly and easy make purchases and some other financial transactions. Specified QR code holds much more encrypted information than a compliant line-code. Also, in order to buy something using a QR code, a card terminal is not required that is very convenient for companies engaged in sales. It is enough to place the code on the product or the product’s website, and visitors can buy it, even without a bank card in their hands. The Wallet Factory Company presents the digital wallet, which belongs to white label products and proposes to everyone the possibility to enjoy all the specified developments.
It’s not a surprise that the QR code payment technology accepts QR payments for purchases, utilities, fines, and taxes. It’s also possible to transfer money and find out information about goods. If you pay using QR code, there’s no need in cash. Developers themselves consider mentioned code generation software as absolutely safe. This is confirmed by large financial companies that implement it – banks, utilities, insurance institutions, etc. QR code payment is also useful for:
● Invoicing, because the customers can be billed via their smartphones and get all the data on the screen.
● Tickets buying, inasmuch as wallet QR code makes all the financial operations for a few minutes and presents the ticket itself.
● Website logging, as it helps to pass the authorization and get access to an account.
● Self-maintaining. Such an option is great while shopping in a big market. All you need to do is to scan the codes of chosen products and see the cart with all the items. QR pay also performs quickly and without an unnecessary change in the form of annoying coins.
● Promotions participating. If the person wants to be the part of some promo campaign, it needs to watch commercials and don’t forget to scan the QR code from the telescreen.
Information exchanging. All the interesting data reflects on the smartphone via displayed on the screen code.
Everyone can pay QR code and control the cost without extensive effort. Even aged people understand the perspective and relevance of this technology.
QR code payment app – new opportunities for business
It’s necessary to point out that QR code payment app performs financial operations very fast and safely (the data is protected from swindlers). The technology can be implemented in all modern smartphones because the process-related infrastructure is not required. The chance of the error appearing in the QR payment app is very small and the adaption to different business solutions can be performed as quickly as possible.
QR code solutions can be static and dynamic. The first type is a good choice for unlimited times scanning, for example in a cafe or shop, and the second one is suitable for a unique selling proposition presenting. Some creations can be scanned at any time and some – only for a certain period. Each QR payment solution can contain particular information (a data about the sum of money for purchasing; some short review and essential facts about the item; clear report about the seller). All the QR based payments can be useful for:
● Street vendors, who have a limited list of products and present corresponded QR code payment solution for every item.
● Microbusinesses. The merchant in his mobile application (QR POS) generates an invoice for an exact amount and from the smartphone screen displays the rendered code.
● Medium and small businesses. The QR code payment system will bring serious profit for companies with a few merchants and relatively big variety of goods. The seller creates a special code for each cash register. The client has to scan the code, pay the price, and the merchant sends a check to the customer’s phone.
● Restaurants. There is no need to count money for the dinner or lunch, the waiter will bring the QR code and the remittance will be performed in a few seconds.
● Supermarket. The system’s core is the same, a few easy moves and the check is on the cell’s display. The person just has to confirm the payment.
● Petrol station. Each fuel station has its own encryption, so the data is obtained via them.
QR code mobile payment process
The QR code is easily recognized by the cell’s or tablet’s camera using a special program – a QR code scanner. You do not need to photograph the code in order to do this, you just need to point the camera so that the entire square of the QR encryption fits the scanner window. After data handling, the decoded information will appear on the screen of the smartphone or tablet.
As QR code for mobile payment is greatly implemented in the business sphere, it’s important to get acquainted with the payment vehicle, which is the following:
● The buyer sweeps over the QR code with the specialized app on the gadget, automatically receives the seller’s QR code mobile payment details (rather than filling out all the details manually), selects the payment card, detects the sum (not always, often price data is already displayed automatically), affirms the QR mobile payment, and currency is debited from his/her card.
● Funds are credited to the seller’s payment card.
● The seller receives a confirmation about QR code-based mobile payment in a POS cash register system or gets a message on his/her smartphone (via QR code platform or simply on the cell) about the credited defrayal.
The mobile payments using QR codes are also advantageous because the E-Recipe soft provides for the refusal to print paper bills of sale. An electronic check is generated in the system, registered in the required system, and supplemented with a QR code, after which it transfers to the device in digital form.
QR code app development: the importance of professional team
The implemented by the Wallet Factory Company QR code payment method in the required app works correctly even under heavy load. The group of professionals is able to create high-quality code, optimize it, and provide everything necessary for QR code payment security. The encryption is always displayed in a square shape. The most important element of the code is a matrix. Its intricate drawing consists of black squares and lines, which are called modules. The number of modules can vary, depending on how much information needs to be hidden in the image. In the smallest QR codes, there may be nearly 441 modules. The largest and capacious variants can contain 31329 modules.
The solution can present available statistics for each created QR code: how many times the encryption was read and how many defrayals were made. Each code may be disabled at the right time, as well as changed (for example, in order to adjust the amount). There is no need to replace the code itself when commutating the code parameters. The QR code app development is performed all the time, so the mentioned company constantly improves the product and adapts it according to the modern requirements. Technically, it’s possible to put a lot of data in a QR code, but this will make it difficult to sweep over the code via mobile gadgets. However, the encryption can store not only text, but also images, links, sound recordings, and other types of data. The developed QR payment platform is one of the Wallet Factory specialist’s fields, so the product is on the highest level.